BIO Charlotte Boyd
I created Firm Feet® in 2015 to help others balance mental wellbeing by sharing practices that have helped me gain a deeper connection with my body.
In 2009, I had some major health issues that prompted me to enquire within. From 2009-2015, I started the learning of Macrobiotic healing arts: a blend of Taoist methodology, Meridian movement, holistic cooking and the Traditional Chinese medicine healing system. I studied professionally with Macrobiotic Schools in Devon and Lisbon.
My body became more relaxed, my mind calmer and my physical issues began to shift, change and slowly disperse. I gradually became more in tune with myself and my environment.
In 2015, I trained and qualified as an EAD™ Movement Teacher with School of Ecstatic movement. In 2019, I trained as a Voice Sound Healing Practitioner with the College of Sound Healing, using my voice as a tool for therapeutic use. In 2021, I trained with Healing Hands in Edinburgh and became a Reiki Practitioner.
I have held Movement and Sound Sessions for mental health programmes such the Time to change campaign, Hackney & City Recovery College and NHS Trust. I’ve run events, retreats and hosted workshops at many venues and organisations around the UK and Europe and teach a body and mind connection module on the Oak & Willow Yoga Teacher training .
I’m a singer and songwriter and you can find my music on Bandcamp.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- Movement EAD™ teacher training at School of Ecstatic Movement
- Macrobiotic Coach. Levels 1, 2 & 3 . Oriental diagnosis, Eastern philosophy, healing & cooking, the classical meridian system, coaching & counselling skills at International Macrobiotic School Devon & Instituto Macrobiotico Portugal
- Makka-Ho, Do-in Meridian Exercises for Physical & Spiritual development at International Macrobiotic School Devon & Instituto Macrobiotico Portugal
- Sound Healing with the Voice Practitioner Training® with Petra Jean Phillipson/Sound & Space certified by the College of Sound Healing®
- Soundscape and Sound Bath Training with Ruby Larimar College of Sound Healing®
- Tuning Forks in Healing with Keith Oddy College of Sound Healing®
- Authentic voice for wellbeing with Alexandra Rigazzi Tarling Sound Relaxation Centre
- Non Violent Communication (N.V.C) Foundation + Intermediate Training at MadetoBe
- Dance Movement Psychotherapy – CPD certified
- Certified Integral Sound Healing with Gongs with The Sound Healing Academy
- Shoden Reiki 1 + Okuden Reiki 2 Certification
- TRE® Process Module 1. Tension, Trauma & Release Exercises.
Women’s Worth Workshops, Ireland. Breaking Convention Psychedelic Conference. Saha Roots Retreats, Portugal. Green Lens Studios. Centre17. Chat’s Palace. Jackson’s Lane. Sadhana Yoga Dalston. Paper Dress Yoga. Discobarre Studio. Lifespace, Notting Hill. The Curtain Member’s club, Shoreditch. Time to Change Campaign. Gnome House Community Arts. The Hall Community Centre, East Village. The Psychedlic Society. Hackney & City Recovery College. NHS trust. CREST Waltham Forest. The Eco Larder + Sunshine Yoga Edinburgh. Santosa, Edinburgh. Oak + Willow Yoga Teacher Training Programme. Edinburgh College of Art. The Salisbury Centre, Edinburgh. Mulberry House, Edinburgh. Edinburgh Alexander Centre, Edinburgh. OMH Therapies, Edinburgh.