I’m Charlotte Boyd, I created Firm Feet® to offer heart centred practices to help balance everyday mental wellbeing, using sound and movement. I am keen to use my knowledge and experiences as a way of helping others.
I create weekly Dance in the dark® audio movement meditation sessions JOIN HERE. I offer 1:1 and group Sound therapy sessions using my voice and instruments to renew and restore the mind and body BOOK HERE
From my very early years I had complex mental health issues that caused me to have complicated and unhealthy eating habits, a negative relationship with my body and disordered eating. When I reached my twenties I was experiencing regular migraines, no menstrual cycle and chronic health conditions.
This was my wake up call and I began to enquire deeper. I experimented with alternative practices, herbal and plant medicines. I started to understand myself better with the learning of Macrobiotic healing arts: a blend of Taoist methodology, Traditional Chinese medicine healing system; living and eating in rhythm with your body.
I became more in tune with myself and my environment. I started listening to my body, expressing myself more with music and dance. My body became more balanced, my mind calmer and my physical issues began to shift, change and slowly disperse.
I’m a singer and songwriter and I am currently embarking on the exciting project of writing and recording my solo album and have recently released my first EP on Bandcamp.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
– Sound Healing with the Voice Practitioner Training® with Petra Jean Phillipson/Sound & Space certified by the College of Sound Healing®
– Soundscape and Sound Bath Training with Ruby Larimar College of Sound Healing®
– Tuning Forks in Healing with Keith Oddy College of Sound Healing®
– Authentic voice for wellbeing with Alexandra Rigazzi Tarling Sound Relaxation Centre
– Movement EAD™ teacher training at School of Ecstatic Movement.
– Non Violent Communication (N.V.C) Foundation + Intermediate Trainings at Made to Be company
– Macrobiotic Coach. Levels 1, 2 & 3 . Oriental diagnosis, Eastern philosophy, healing & cooking, the classical meridian system, coaching & counselling skills. Do-in Exercise for Physical & spiritual development at International Macrobiotic School Devon & Instituto Macrobiotico Portugal
Women’s Worth Workshops, Ireland. Breaking Convention Psychedelic Conference. Saha Roots Retreats, Portugal. Green Lens Studios. Centre17. Chat’s Palace. Jackson’s Lane. Sadhana Yoga Dalston. Paper Dress Yoga. Discobarre Studio. Lifespace, Notting Hill. The Curtain Member’s club, Shoreditch. Time to Change Campaign. Gnome House Community Arts. The Hall Community Centre, East Village. The Psychedlic Society. Hackney & City Recovery College. NHS trust. CREST Waltham Forest. The Eco Larder + Sunshine Yoga Edinburgh. Santosa, Edinburgh